Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Some weird bug!

So I forgot to mention that my son got pretty sick a little bit ago! He had vomit and diarrhea going on. I know some of you are like omg, that's sick, but it's part of being a parent!
Anyways, a just in case, if your child gets diarrhea really bad and starts getting a rash that diaper rash cream just doesn't help at all. You should try the Aquaphor/ Maalox concoction!

I know that sounds really weird. What you do is buy some Aquaphor from any store like Walgreens, buy a cheap thing of Maalox, or an off brand Maalox type liquid antacid. Mix it together, take your time. Try to store it in a sealable container. When you use it, apply directly to the area effected by covering evenly with the mixture. This should handle a rash that diaper rash cream can't!

I, fortunately did not have to use this, but my sister had to use this on my nephew. He probably has more sensitive skin than my son. Bastien, didn't even get a rash. He vomited quite a bit, but not too much we couldn't handle it!

Well, I thought that I would post this little tid bit for any mother's having this issue!!

Until next time,

Kat

No comments: